Residence Permits Informations

Any foreigner intending to reside in the United Republic of Tanzania for investment, business, employment or any other legal activity may be issued with Residence Permit. There are three types of Residence Permits which are Residence Permit Class A, B and C. However, there are various sub-categories to this broad classification of Residence Permit as described in the Residence Permit Matrix.

Download  Residence Permit Guidelines


  • Applicants are institutions/companies/ employers registered in Tanzania except for retired persons, sick persons and those attending cases at the court.
  • Applications for Residence Permits Class ‘B’ and ‘C’ should obtain their Residence Permit prior to coming into the country, except for Residence Permit Class “A”. Applicants should obtain relevant Registration Certificate or license from relevant professional boards as the case may be.
  • All applicants of Residence Permits should first obtain Work Permit from the Ministry of Labour, except those coming for such purposes like studies, Research, attending court case and retired persons.